CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Before and After: Herb Planter

Remember this planter I picked up on the curb?


Well it is now my mini herb garden on our deck.


I bought a can of chalkboard spray paint and painted a strip so that we could label the herbs. I think it gives the planter a little more character...along with the rust spots! I really like it and think it turned out cute!

Have any of you done any projects lately? Do you plant herbs? Any herb tips for us?
P.S. See how the deck chairs turned out here.

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea. This just gave me a great idea for markers for my herb garden. My boyfriend and I just planted it and it's our first time, so we'll see how it goes. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Love the planter itself and it's only made better by the chalkboard paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just painted an old planter with chalkboard paint yesterday! I'll be posting about it later this week.

    I host a linky party on Friday, Home and Family Friday. I'd love it if you'd come link up!

    http://becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

    Becca

    ReplyDelete