CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How To Make a Cake Stand

Many bloggers have been using cake stands to decorate with. I love the look and have been wanting one but didn't want to spend a lot of money. I looked for one at places like Goodwill and thrift shops and couldn't find one. I decided to try to make one myself. I started out looking for some type of taller dish and a plate. I was shopping at Marshall's one day and came across a really lucky find. I found this stand in the clearance section that would make the perfect cake stand bottom for only $0.70! I bought this quiche dish at Marshall's a few weeks later to use as the top of the cake stand for $4.99.


I only plan to use this for decoration purposes so I used super glue to attach the top dish to the bottom stand. I had super glue on hand but you could use epoxy as well. Here is the finished product that came in at a grand total of $5.70!

No comments:

Post a Comment