CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Organization Tips

Today I thought I would share a few things that help us stay organized around The Cody House.

Until recently, we have never had a good system to deal with bills and mail. They always ended up in piles on our kitchen counter. It was time to get a mail organizer. I found one at Target that I liked but it seemed a bit expensive. A week later I was at Marshalls looking around and came across the exact same mail organizer at a lower price and on sale! I snatched it right up. Here is our cute mail organizer that I love for keeping our counters and kitchen table a little cleaner!


Another thing we use to stay organized in the kitchen is the recipe binder. I just use an old binder and page protectors to keep all our recipes together. These are the recipes we have found online, in magazines or from friends. I like to have them in a binder like this because I like to see the pictures of the food and have room to make notes on the recipe. I like to keep this binder narrowed down to recipes we really like and actually make.

Both our bathrooms have great storage space. However, we needed some bins to organize all our bathroom "stuff". I didn't want to spend a lot of money on anything though since we are renting. I went to Target and found these cheap plastic storage containers. Lee and I each have one under the sink that holds our everyday items....


In our cupboard behind the door there are 3 containers on one of the shelves. One of the stacked containers holds medicine/first aid supplies and the other holds beauty stuff (fingernail polish, etc) The open container has things like suntan lotion, aloe, bubble bath, lotion, etc. in it. These containers have worked well to keep our bathroom organized.

The last organizational item I wanted to share is how I organize our coupons. We get the Sunday paper every week and I look online for coupons which has helped us save some money when we go grocery shopping. I keep three envelopes in my purse to keep the coupons organized. One is labeled Beauty, the second is Food and the third is Other. Having the envelopes labeled like this makes it easier to see what I have and find the coupons.

These are a few of our tips and tricks. Now it's your turn. What are some items or tips you have that help you stay organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment