CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (Part 2)


We are back with part 2 of our Christmas decorations. After the tree we moved on to the bookself in the living room. $6 was all we spent to decorate the three shelves.

On first shelf I just set two penguins that I got on sale at Kohls a few years ago.
I already had these three different sized vases, I just needed to find something to fill them with. Since the tree has blue and silver I tried to go with that. I had some extra small blue ornaments to put in the big vase. I bought a pack of small silver ones at Target to mix in with the blue. We bought a pack of peppermint candies at Wal Mart to fill the middle vase. I bought a pack of small and large silver jingle bells that were on sale at Michaels and filled the small vase with them. I had a few leftover ornaments so I just layed those out on the shelf around the vases.
A few weeks ago, Lee and I went to Ikea for the first time. We bought these three small vases there (for just a $1.99 each....I am in love with Ikea now!) Lee snipped some evergreen to put in each vase. Simple and festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment