CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 18, 2009

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas (Part 3)

We are back for the third and final Christmas decoration post. We have a few more decorations to show you. We bought our first wreath this year to hang on our door. I found this one for half price at Michaels. It was just a plain evergreen wreath. To make it a little more festive and pretty, I bought a roll of this ribbon (also half price at Michaels) and just tied a bow around the wreath. I figure since this wreath is a blank slate, I could do something different each year to jazz it up.

Next, we have this simple arrangement on our kitchen counter. We have lots of counter space and I like to do something different in this corner every season/holiday. This Christmas arrangement cost a total of $0! The white serving platter was a wedding shower gift. I already had the bulbs and jingle bells from last year that I picked up super cheap. The candles were part of our wedding decorations. I just set the candles on the serving platter and placed the bulbs and jingle bells around them. I love to come up with new ways to use what you already have.


Finally, we have our white Christmas table setting. Like the counter arrangement, this table setting cost $0. The white pillar candles were from our wedding. I bought the white feather tree a few years ago on an after Christmas sale. The taper candle holders are from a November trip to Ikea (only $0.49 each!). I already had the silver bulbs on hand from a few years ago. (Side note: I have seen many Christmas decorating posts on other blogs using silver bulbs. Pick some up on an after Christmas sale if you can….you will definitely be able to use them for many years to come!) I arranged all these things in the middle of the table, pulled out the black placemats, and set the table. I pulled out our toasting glasses (zebra-like-print glasses) from our wedding since they fit the color scheme. I think this table would easily work for New Years as well. Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment